Create Dialogs and Stories in Conversation
The Conversation tab in Virtual Agent enables you to create dialogues. The dialogues can be weaved into a story on Your Story Board.
A chatbot story consists of one or multiple Nodes. Each node is a mapping of an Intent with a Response. You can connect nodes with one another to create a story.
Creating an Empty Story
The story you have created has a name and nothing else. To be useful, it has to be connected with nodes. Next, you will learn to create nodes.
Filling Details by Adding Nodes
- Click on a story and then .
- Clicking will open a menu. Select Edit from the menu.
- Name your node in Add Title.
- Select an intent from the If Bot Recognizes dropdown. If you cannot find an intent in the dropdown, create it.
- Select Simple or Entity from the radio buttons.
- Click to assign a response. The responses are of three kinds. You can learn about them in the next section.
Assigning a Response
Clicking pops up a window where you can select a response. The responses in SearchUnify Chatbot are of three types: Options, Entities, Webhook. Next is a description of each type.
The response types can be further divided into six kinds:
- Text. The response is a text message. To provide a value to a Text response, select Text from the dropdown, write a response, and save it.
- Link. The response is a link. To share a Link response, select Link from the dropdown, and enter values in three fields: Enter Title, Enter Label, and Hyperlink.
- Response. Select one of the existing responses.
Lithium Adapter. Log a ticket in the Lithium community. More information can be found on Empower Users to Post on Your community from Bot with Lithium Adapter
SFDC Live Agent. Talk to an agent using Salesforce Console. More information can be found on Convert Your Bot into a Hybrid Chatbot with Salesforce Adapter.
Zendesk Live Agent. Talk to your agents on Zendesk. Active Zendesk Adapter
This feature enables you to create responses if the chatbot recognizes an entity and value—which have been defined in the If Condition Is and Value columns respectively—in a user message.
It's a highly sophisticated way to find the semantic content in a user message and craft appropriate responses.
Webhooks enable you to fetch do really existing things with your chatbot. One of them is to let users log cases from the chatbot window.
- Select an intent and then check Webhook.
- Scroll down and select Webhook from the Response Type dropdown. (Case creation is supported only for Salesforce.)
- Enter the end point URL and the header.
- Scroll up and configure a response.
- Save your settings.
Last updated: Tuesday, June 23, 2020