Customize Your Bot with Theme Editor
SearchUnify chat box is divided into three areas, namely: Header (Title), Conversation (Chat Box), and User Input (Type Message Area).
Theme Editor provides six customization options for these areas. The first four concern color and fonts, the fifth options allows admins to upload avatars, and with the sixth an admin can set the bot's name and greeting.
Change Colors: Text and Background
- Click and use the color palettes to change background and text colors.
In the Conversation area, admins can customize:
- Background color of chat box, system messages, and user messages.
- Text color of system messages and user messages.
System messages are further divided into Text and Buttons.
- Navigate to the second tab by clicking .
- Use the color palettes to customize Conversation.
User Input lets you pick colors for the message (text), message background (board), and the send button (button).
- Click to open User Input settings and use the color palettes.
Change Font Style
Font offers several options in a dropdown. The selected style applies to the text in all the three areas of the chat box: Header, Conversion, and User Input.
- Click to open Font.
Change Avatars and the Close Button
Clicking takes you to a screen where you can upload images to replace the default avatars.
- Chat Bot Avatar. Changes the avatar in Header.
- Chat Bot Icon. Changes the avatar in Conversation.
- Chat Bot Close Icon. Replaces the default close button with your image.
Change Name and Greetings
The name that displays prominently in the header can be edited with Settings. The screen also allows admins to give their chatbot a name and a select a greeting message.
There are three settings:
- Chat Box Window Name
- Bot Name
- Greeting: Text or Response
Last updated: Tuesday, June 23, 2020