Install a Search Client in ServiceNow
This article walks you through the process of installing a SearchUnify search client in ServiceNow.
Activate the Customer Service plugin in your ServiceNow instance
Ensure the your SearchUnify user scope is either "search" or "all"
Create a Search Client in SearchUnify
- Navigate to Search Clients from the menu bar and click Add new search client.
- Give your search client a name and enter your ServiceNow instance web address in Base URL.
- Click Save.../Resources/Images/SearchClients/servicenow
Note down the UID of the search client that you have just created. It will be used later.
Create an App in SearchUnify
- From Apps in the main menu bar, click Create New App.
- Give your app a name.
- Enter your ServiceNow instance web address appended by
api/x_312362_c_a_su/sugetcodein Redirect URL.
https://dev42559.service-now.com will change to
Note down the Client ID and Client Secret of the app that you have just created. They will be used later.
Install SearchUnify in ServiceNow
- Log into ServiceNow.
- Using Filter Navigator, find Plugins.
- Look up "customer service" in the search box.
- Check Customer Service to activate the plugin.
Create a SearchUnify App
- Find Studio from the Filter Navigator and click it.
- Select Import from Source Control.
- In User name and Password, enter the credentials that your SearchUnify representative has shared with you.
- Click Import.
A app by the name of Customer Application SearchUnify will be created.
Configure the SearchUnify App
- Look up "SearchUnify Console" in Filter Navigator.
- Click Configure.
- Enter Search Client UID, Client ID, Client Secret, and Instance URL and press Submit. (The Instant URL is the web address of your SearchUnify dashboard.)
- Press Log in with SearchUnify and then Allow.
- Open a case in ServiceNow.
- Click , navigate to Developer, and select Customer Service from the Application dropdown.
- From , click From Design in Configure.
- Drag Search Results Page in Formatters to the Short Description section.
You can reload the case details page to use search.
Last updated: Tuesday, June 23, 2020