Share Results on Salesforce Console
An admin can now configure a Salesforce Console search client so that each search result features a dropdown with two options:
- Send link as an email
- Attach article to case
Ensure that the article field
PublishedStatus is indexed.
Configurable Result Sharing Settings in a Salesforce Console Search Client
- Go to Search Clients and open a Salesforce Service Console by clicking .
- Navigate to Content Sources.
- Select a content source followed by an object, and then open Share Results.
- There two (four for Salesforce) options in the popped-up window:
- Email Check it copy a result link to your clipboard and email it to the customer whose case page is open. Available in all the content sources and Salesforce Classic.
- Case Comment. Check it to copy a result link to your clipboard and attack the link to the case comments section as well. Available in all the content sources and Salesforce Classic.
- Attach Article to Case. Check to attach an article to case. Available in only Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning for objects of the type
- Merge with Share Result Action. Works only on Salesforce Classic. Check it to perform two actions simultaneously. When you email an article, the article will be attached to case as well. When you publish an article as a case comment, it will be attached to the case as well.
- Press Save and then Save again.
Last updated: Friday, February 19, 2021
Was this article helpful? Send us your review at email@example.com