Share Results on Salesforce Console
An admin can now configure a Salesforce Console search client so that each search result features a dropdown with two options:
- Send link as an email
- Attach article to case
Ensure that the article field
PublishedStatus is indexed.
Configurable Result Sharing Settings in a Salesforce Console Search Client
- Go to Search Clients and open a Salesforce Service Console by clicking .
- Navigate to Content Sources.
- Select a content source followed by an object, and then open Share Results.
- There are two options in the popped-up window:
What Happens If You Check Both Options?
- Email Check it copy a result link to your clipboard and email it to the customer whose case page is open.
- Case Comment. Check it to copy a result link to your clipboard and attack the link to the case comments section as well.
You will be presented with another option in Salesforce Console, Merge With Share Results.
If you enable it, you can do three things with one click: (1) Copy the article link to the clipboard, (2) Email the article link to a customer, and (3) Attach the article to the case comments section.
If you disable it, then a separate icon will be visible on every article in search result which will allow us to attach article to case.How to Link Articles to Cases?
- Press Save and then Save again.
Last updated: Tuesday, June 23, 2020