Map User IDs with Emails
In compliance of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Email Tracking is turned off by default. However, if your company does not fall under the EU jurisdiction or if you have explicit permission from your users to track them, then you can connect search session IDs with user emails.
Install the Add-on
Turn on Email Tracking
- Go to Search Clients and open a platform for editing.
- Open Analytics Settings, then Analytics Properties.
- Turn on Email Tracking Enabled and click Save.
Get Internal and External User Statistics
Admins can get data on how their employees (internal) and customers (external) users are interacting with a platform if Internal/External email tracking enabled is turned on. This feature is extremely handy to identify usage patterns. In the next image, you will notice that out of 295 sessions, 149 are from internal users and 146 are from external users.
- Toggle Internal/External email tracking enabled on.
- Enter your company's domain in Domain Name. Only the users logging in with the email addresses on the domain will be considered Internal. As in the image, anyone with an email address of the kind
<somebody>@grazitti.comwill be an internal user.
- Click Save.
Last updated: Monday, August 2, 2021
Was this article helpful? Send us your review at firstname.lastname@example.org