Use Khoros (Lithium) As a Content Source
This article explains how to index the ideas, blogs, reviews, groups, and other content types on your Khoros-powered brand community.
- Admin user in SearchUnify.
- A non-empty Khoros (Lithium) community
- Event Subscription for MessageMove, MessageDelete, MessageCreate, and other objects depending upon your community. A subscription enables SearchUnify to crawl articles that are updated or move across boards. Write to
Establish a Connection
- Find Khoros from the search box and click Add.
- Give your content source a name.
- Enter the web address of your brand community in Client URL.
- From the Language dropdown, select the primary language of your community.
- Select an Authentication Method.
- Click Connect.
Set Up Crawl Frequency
- In Choose a Date, click to fire up a calendar and select a date. Only the data created or updated after the selected date is indexed.
- Use the Frequency dropdown to select how often SearchUnify should index the data. For illustration, the frequency has been set to Weekly the Tuesday has been chosen as the crawling day. Whenever the Frequency is other than Never, a third dropdown appears where you can specify the interval.
- Click Set to save crawl frequency settings. On clicking Set, you are taken to the Rules tab.
Select Fields for Indexing
You can index your entire community data, or only a subset of it. The platform supports all the eight Khoros (Lithium) interaction styles out-of-the-box:
user. Starting from Colubridae '2021,
Group Hubs, nested categories (
Category_flat), and a native-filter Topics with No Result (renamed to Replied) are searchable as well.
Admins can set up Group Hubs in Boards. As for Replied, it works when it has been crawled in Search Clients > Edit > Content Soruces.
- Click to select a Khoros (Lithium) interaction style.
- Add content fields one at a time. Each field corresponds to an interaction style field.
- OPTIONAL. Each field is assigned a label and a type, but they can be changed. You can enter a new value in Label and select
- OPTIONAL. Pick a value in Select. If the value of a field is
isSearchable, the data will appears in search results. But if the value is
isFilterable, the field will be used as a facet.
- Click Add.
- Repeat the steps 2–5 for other fields and Save.
- Repeat the steps 1-6 for other Khoros (Lithium) objects, and navigate to By Boards.
- Find your boards with the index. For example, a board named "Discussions" is found under "D" and a board named "Xenon" under "X."
Use Reindex only if you have added or removed a board.
- Check Enable and click Save.
You have successfully added your Lithium community as a content source.
Last updated: Thursday, September 23, 2021
Was this article helpful? Send us your review at firstname.lastname@example.org