Use Litmos As a Content Source
Litmos is an integrated SaaS platform that offers Learning Management System (LMS) and content library. Follow the instructions to add Litmos as a content source.
SearchUnify ignores user permissions during searches. Juan can find "Accounts.pdf" in search irrespective of whether he has access to the file or not.
Establish a Connection
- Navigate to Content Sources.
- Click Add New Content Source.
Find Litmos and click Add.
Enter the following details for complete the authentication:
Name. Give your content source a name.
Client URL. Enter the URL of your Litmos instance.
Language. Select the language of your data.
API Key. Enter the API Key of your Litmos instance.
Set Up Crawl Frequency
The first crawl is always manual and is performed after configuring the content source. For now, keep the frequency to its default value Never and click Set and move to the next section.
Select Content Types for Indexing
Currently, two objects–Courses and Learning Path–are supported out of the box. Each object has several fields, which you can add and remove the pre-configured fields.
Under the Rules tab, By Content Type is the selected subtab.
You can see the Courses and Learning Path are already added.
Click on the edit button from the Actions column to view and edit the pre-configured fields. Although, it is not recommended for users other than Admins to make any changes in the fields.
After the First Crawl
Return to the Content Sources screen and click in Actions. The number of indexed documents is updated after the crawl is complete. You can view crawl progress in in Actions. Documentation on crawl progress is in View Crawl Logs.
Review the settings in Rules if there is no progress in Crawl Logs.
For Mamba '22 and newer instances, search isn't impacted during a crawl. However, in older instances, some documents remain inaccessible while a crawl is going on.
Once the first crawl is complete, click in Actions open the content source for editing, and set a crawl frequency.
- In Choose a Date, click to fire up a calendar and select a date. Only the data after the selected date is indexed.
- Use the Frequency dropdown to select how often SearchUnify should index the data. For illustration, the frequency has been set to Weekly and Tuesday has been chosen as the crawling day. Whenever the Frequency is other than Never, a third dropdown appears where you can specify the interval. Also, whenever Frequency is set to Hourly, then manual crawls are disabled.
- Click Set to save crawl frequency settings. On clicking Set, you are taken to the Rules tab.
Last updated: Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Or, send us your review at firstname.lastname@example.org