Use MindTouch As a Content Source
This article walks you through the process of connecting your MindTouch instance with SearchUnify. The permissions are managed on the page level using groups and direct emails linked with the page.
Establish a Connection
- Navigate to Content Sources.
- Click Add New Content Source.
Find Mindtouch, and click Add.
Enter authentication details.
Name. A label for the content source. Stick to ASCII characters.
Client URL. Your Mindtouch instance web address.
Authentication Type. Basic has been deprecated. Select API.
Language. Select the content language. It's possible to select more than one language. The default choice is English.
Client Username. The ID used to log into Mindtouch.
Client Secret and Client API. Check out Obtain Mindtouch Client ID and Client Secret.
Basic authentication has been deprecated by Mindtouch. If you are setting up Mindtouch for the first time in SearchUnify, then stick to API authentication.
Set Up Crawl Frequency
The first crawl is always manual and is performed after configuring the content source. For now, keep the frequency to its default value Never and click Set and move to the next section.
Select Fields for Indexing
Mindtouch stores data in the object page_mindtouch. Admins can configure which object fields are indexed and are searchable.
Return to the Content Sources screen and click in Actions. The number of indexed documents is updated after the crawl is complete. You can view crawl progress in in Actions. Documentation on crawl progress is in View Crawl Logs.
Review the settings in Rules if there is no progress in Crawl Logs.
For Mamba '22 and newer instances, search isn't impacted during a crawl. However, in older instances, some documents remain inaccessible while a crawl is going on.
Once the first crawl is complete, click in Actions open the content source for editing, and set a crawl frequency.
- In Choose a Date, click to fire up a calendar and select a date. Only the data after the selected date is indexed.
- Use the Frequency dropdown to select how often SearchUnify should index the data. For illustration, the frequency has been set to Weekly and Tuesday has been chosen as the crawling day. Whenever the Frequency is other than Never, a third dropdown appears where you can specify the interval. Also, whenever Frequency is set to Hourly, then manual crawls are disabled.
- Click Set to save crawl frequency settings. On clicking Set, you are taken to the Rules tab.
Last updated: Thursday, March 23, 2023
Or, send us your review at email@example.com