Use Thought Industries as a Content Source
This article outlines how to crawl and index your data hosted on a Thought Industries platform.
SearchUnify ignores user permissions during searches. Juan can find "Accounts.pdf" in search irrespective of whether he has access to the file or not.
Establish a Connection
- Navigate to Content Sources.
- Click Add New Content Source.
- Find Thought Industries in the Others category and click Add.
- Enter the following details:
- Give your content source a Name.
- Enter the web address of your Thought Industries instance in Client URL.
- Select the language content. It is possible to select more than one languages.
- Enter your Thought Industries API Key in Authentication Method and click Connect. You can find the API Key at Settings > Security in the Passwords & Keys section in Thought Industries.
Set Up Crawl Frequency
The first crawl is always manual and is performed after configuring the content source. For now, keep the frequency to its default value Never and click Set and move to the next section.
Select Types and Fields for Indexing
Thought Industries has only one object,
content_items. SearchUnify can index it and all the fields inside
- Click to select content fields.
- Use the dropdown in the Name column to add content fields one at a time. Once you have added all the fields, click Apply.
- OPTIONAL. SearchUnify assigns each field a label, type, and either an
isFilterabletag. The values don't require a change, but advanced users can edit them.
- Press Save.
Return to the Content Sources screen and click in Actions. The number of indexed documents is updated after the crawl is complete. You can view crawl progress in in Actions. Documentation on crawl progress is in View Crawl Logs.
Review the settings in Rules if there is no progress in Crawl Logs.
For Mamba '22 and newer instances, search isn't impacted during a crawl. However, in older instances, some documents remain inaccessible while a crawl is going on.
Once the first crawl is complete, click in Actions open the content source for editing, and set a crawl frequency.
- In Choose a Date, click to fire up a calendar and select a date. Only the data after the selected date is indexed.
- Use the Frequency dropdown to select how often SearchUnify should index the data. For illustration, the frequency has been set to Weekly and Tuesday has been chosen as the crawling day. Whenever the Frequency is other than Never, a third dropdown appears where you can specify the interval. Also, whenever Frequency is set to Hourly, then manual crawls are disabled.
- Click Set to save crawl frequency settings. On clicking Set, you are taken to the Rules tab.
Last updated: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Or, send us your review at email@example.com