Use Wistia as a Content Source
Wistia is a leading video hosting platform. You can index Wistia projects and their content so that your employees and customers can find it with ease. Media object can be crawled. This article walks you through how to set up a Wistia connection with your SearchUnify instance.
Establish a Connection
- Navigate to Content Sources.
- Click Add New Content Source.
Find Wistia and click Add.
In Name, enter a descriptive label that will be used to identify your content source. Useful when you have several content sources in an instance.
Select either OAuth or API from Authentication Type.
OAuth. Requires you to log into Wisita when you click Connect. Then, you have to authorize SearchUnify to access your data on Wistia.
API. Enter the API key. The instructions on how to obtain the key are in Obtain the API Key for Authorizing Wistia
From Language, select the language your data is in. More than 20 languages are supported.
Set Up Crawl Frequency
The first crawl is always manual and is performed after configuring the content source. For now, keep the frequency to its default value Never and click Set and move to the next section.
Select Projects for Indexing
Only the media object from Wistia can be crawled. You can configure the media fields for indexing in By Content Type.
Click to specify the fields that should be indexed. A new screen appears where you can configure the fields. Once you are done, click Apply.
Navigate to By Projects, use the index to find projects, and check the box in Enable to index them.
Finally, click Save.
After the First Crawl
Return to the Content Sources screen and click in Actions. The number of indexed documents is updated after the crawl is complete. You can view crawl progress in in Actions. Documentation on crawl progress is in View Crawl Logs.
Review the settings in Rules if there is no progress in Crawl Logs.
For Mamba '22 and newer instances, search isn't impacted during a crawl. However, in older instances, some documents remain inaccessible while a crawl is going on.
Once the first crawl is complete, click in Actions open the content source for editing, and set a crawl frequency.
- In Choose a Date, click to fire up a calendar and select a date. Only the data after the selected date is indexed.
- Use the Frequency dropdown to select how often SearchUnify should index the data. For illustration, the frequency has been set to Weekly and Tuesday has been chosen as the crawling day. Whenever the Frequency is other than Never, a third dropdown appears where you can specify the interval. Also, whenever Frequency is set to Hourly, then manual crawls are disabled.
- Click Set to save crawl frequency settings. On clicking Set, you are taken to the Rules tab.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Or, send us your review at firstname.lastname@example.org