Your Admin Home Menu Bar
Menu Bar is the blue ribbon on the top of your SearchUnify instance. It contains four items: Search Bar, Help, Light Mode, and (Announcements and Notifications). A fifth object on the top left corner of Menu Bar contains a dropdown with two options: My Account, which lets you change your password, and Logout.
Search Bar provides quick access to SearchUnify features and documentation. Its use is optimal for admins who wish to jump straight to a feature embedded deep in navigation.
- open <FEATURE_NAME>. Prefix your query with open, click Space, and then write the name of a feature to jump to its screen.
- <FEATURE_NAME> in <MODULE>. Refine your search with the in operator, which reduces the scope of search to the specified module.
- Documentation Search. Click anywhere in the search bar and hit Enter to go to documentation. The documentation opens in a new tab.
Clicking Help takes you to the SearchUnify documentation homepage.
SearchUnify has two skins: Light and Dark. You can switch between them by toggling Light Mode.
Announcements and Notifications
Clicking launches a message box with two tabs: Announcements and Notifications.
- Announcements are something.
- Notifications are messages on updates, outages, and launches. The messages are from the SearchUnify team.
Change Password in My Account enables you to set up a new login password.
- Click your name and then My Account.
- Open Click here to change the password.
- Enter your current password and click Next.
- Enter your new password two times and click Save. SearchUnify only accepts the passwords that have at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, a digit, and a special character.
To log out of your current session, click your name and then Logout.
Last updated: Tuesday, June 23, 2020