Your Admin Home Menu Bar
Menu Bar is the ribbon on the top of a SearchUnify instance. It contains seven items: (View or Hide Navigation), Search Bar, Help, Dark Mode, (Full Screen Mode), (Announcements and Notifications), and User Profile, the last item lets users view Account Information, change password, and log out..
View or Hide Navigation
Click to keep Main Navigation out of sight when you are accessing SearchUnify from a small screen. To bring it back, hover over the collapsed menu to find and click it again.
Search Bar provides quick access to SearchUnify features and documentation. Its use is optimal for admins who wish to jump straight to a feature embedded deep in navigation.
- open <FEATURE_NAME>. Prefix your query with open, click Space, and then write the name of a feature to jump to its screen.
- <FEATURE_NAME> in <MODULE>. Refine your search with the in operator, which reduces the scope of search to the specified module.
- Documentation Search. Click anywhere in the search bar and hit Enter to go to documentation. The documentation opens in a new tab.
Clicking Help takes you to the SearchUnify documentation homepage.
SearchUnify has two skins: Light and Dark. You can switch between them by toggling Dark Mode.
Full Screen Mode
Click to switch to the full screen mode. To return, press ESC.
Announcements and Notifications
Clicking launches a message box with two tabs: Announcements and Notifications.
- Announcements are updates on the health of search.
- Notifications are messages on updates, outages, and launches. The messages are from the SearchUnify team.
User Profile offers three settings: My Account, Change Password, and Logout.
A screen that provides account, instance, and resource usage details in one place. To access it, click your name and then My Account.
Details on the screen are on View Account Information.
Change Password enables you to set up a new login password.
- Click your name and then Change Password.
- Click Change Password.
- Enter your current password, then new password two times and click Save Changes. SearchUnify only accepts the passwords that have at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, a digit, and a special character.
To log out of your current session, click your name and then Logout.
Last updated: Friday, January 8, 2021
Was this article helpful? Send us your review at firstname.lastname@example.org