Use Box as a Content Source
This article walks you through the process of using Box as a content source.
The person authenticating the content source can index the files they have access to.
User permissions are respected.
Group permissions are respected.
Establish a Connection
- Navigate to Content Sources.
- Click Add New Content Source.
- Find Box through the search box and click Add.
- Give your content source a Name and click Connect.
- In the window that has popped up, enter your Box login details (if you are prompted to) and click Grant access to Box.
- Click Next.
Set Up Crawl Frequency
The first crawl is always manual and is performed after configuring the content source. For now, keep the frequency to its default value Never and click Set and move to the next section.
Select Fields and Folders for Indexing
Box supports only one content type,
field. In By Content Type, a SearchUnify admins decides which
field properties are to be indexed.
- Click to open a window that lists all
- Use the columns to add, edit, or remove properties and click Save.
- Navigate to By Folders check those directories in Mine Folders and Shared Folders that you want to index.
- Click to preview your selections. On clicking , the selected folders will show up in the column on the right.
- Click Save.
You have successfully added Box as a content source.
After the First Crawl
Return to the Content Sources screen and click in Actions. The number of indexed documents is updated after the crawl is complete. You can view crawl progress in in Actions. Documentation on crawl progress is in View Crawl Logs.
Review the settings in Rules if there is no progress in Crawl Logs.
For Mamba '22 and newer instances, search isn't impacted during a crawl. However, in older instances, some documents remain inaccessible while a crawl is going on.
Once the first crawl is complete, click in Actions open the content source for editing, and set a crawl frequency.
- In Choose a Date, click to fire up a calendar and select a date. Only the data after the selected date is indexed.
- Use the Frequency dropdown to select how often SearchUnify should index the data. For illustration, the frequency has been set to Weekly and Tuesday has been chosen as the crawling day. Whenever the Frequency is other than Never, a third dropdown appears where you can specify the interval. Also, whenever Frequency is set to Hourly, then manual crawls are disabled.
- Click Set to save crawl frequency settings. On clicking Set, you are taken to the Rules tab.
Data Deletion and SU Index
When Box is connected with SearchUnify through a webhook, then any change in Box data is immediately reflected in the SearchUnify index. Checkout Creating a Webhook in Box for Event Subscription.
Last updated: Friday, September 22, 2023
Or, send us your review at email@example.com