Use Higher Logic Thrive as a Content Source
This article explains how to index the discussions, blogs, members, events, and library content types on your Higher Logic Thrive-powered brand community.
Admin user in SearchUnify.
- A non-empty Higher Logic Thrive community
Establish a Connection
- Navigate to Content Sources.
- Click Add New Content Source.
- Find "Higher Logic Thrive" and click Add.
- Give your content source a name.
- Enter the username and password used for logging into Higher Logic.
- Enter the HLIAM key. The process to obtain the key has been described in Get Higher Logic Thrive IAM Key.
- From the dropdown, select the primary language(s) of your community.
- Click Connect.
Set Up Crawl Frequency
The first crawl is always manual and is performed after configuring the content source. For now, keep the frequency to its default value Never and click Set and move to the next section.
Select Fields for Indexing
You can index your entire community data, or only a subset of it. The platform supports five Higher Logic Thrive content types out-of-the-box: discussions, blogs, members, events, and library. You can further choose to index entire content types or only a few fields.
- To select which fields are indexed, click .
- A dialog will open. Add, edit, or remove content fields.
- Navigate to By Communities and check all the communities that should be indexed. An admin can crawl the communities accessible to them.
- After selecting communities, click Save.
After the First Crawl
Return to the Content Sources screen and click in Actions. The number of indexed documents is updated after the crawl is complete. You can view crawl progress in in Actions. Documentation on crawl progress is in View Crawl Logs.
Review the settings in Rules if there is no progress in Crawl Logs.
For Mamba '22 and newer instances, search isn't impacted during a crawl. However, in older instances, some documents remain inaccessible while a crawl is going on.
Once the first crawl is complete, click in Actions open the content source for editing, and set a crawl frequency.
- In Choose a Date, click to fire up a calendar and select a date. Only the data after the selected date is indexed.
- Use the Frequency dropdown to select how often SearchUnify should index the data. For illustration, the frequency has been set to Weekly and Tuesday has been chosen as the crawling day. Whenever the Frequency is other than Never, a third dropdown appears where you can specify the interval. Also, whenever Frequency is set to Hourly, then manual crawls are disabled.
- Click Set to save crawl frequency settings. On clicking Set, you are taken to the Rules tab.
Data Deletion and SU Index
A method to update the index in real time is to enable event subscriptions, which supplement existing crawls and synchronize data between your Higher Logic Thrive instance and SearchUnify in real time. The instructions are on Synchronize SearchUnify Index with Higher Logic Thrive through Event Subscription
Last updated: Tuesday, February 27, 2024
Or, send us your review at firstname.lastname@example.org