Use KnowledgeOwl as a Content Source
KnowledgeOwl is a cloud-based knowledge management software. If you use Knowledge Owl as your knowledge base solution and want to connect it with your SearchUnify instance, this article walks you through the process.
Establish a Connection
- Navigate to Content Sources.
- Click Add New Content Source.
Find KnowledgeOwl, and click Add.
In Authentication section, enter:
Name. A descriptive label for your content source to be used in
Client URL. SearchUnify instance URL.
Language. Pick the content language. If the articles in your knowledge base are in French, then pick French. English is the default language.
Authentication Type. Enter KnowledgeOwl username in Username and KnowledgeOwl password in Password. Related: Obtain Your KnowledgeOwl API Key.
Once you have entered all the details, click Connect.
Set Up Crawl Frequency
The first crawl is always manual and is performed after configuring the content source. For now, keep the frequency to its default value Never and click Set and move to the next section.
Select Content Types for Indexing
Upon establishing the connection between KnowledgeOwl and SearchUnify and setting the frequency, define the content models for indexing. Articles and its related fields can be indexed.
In Rules, find By Content Types.
In By Content Types, Articles and related fields are already configured. You can use to view Articles fields. Only admins are advised to edit or delete the fields. NOTE. Click Apply after making changes. Else the changes will not reflect in search results.
In By Projects, you can see the list of all the KnowledgeOwl projects. Find the projects, using the alphabetical index and check the projects that should be indexed. Then, click Save.
After the First Crawl
Return to the Content Sources screen and click in Actions. The number of indexed documents is updated after the crawl is complete. You can view crawl progress in in Actions. Documentation on crawl progress is in View Crawl Logs.
Review the settings in Rules if there is no progress in Crawl Logs.
For Mamba '22 and newer instances, search isn't impacted during a crawl. However, in older instances, some documents remain inaccessible while a crawl is going on.
Once the first crawl is complete, click in Actions open the content source for editing, and set a crawl frequency.
- In Choose a Date, click to fire up a calendar and select a date. Only the data after the selected date is indexed.
- Use the Frequency dropdown to select how often SearchUnify should index the data. For illustration, the frequency has been set to Weekly and Tuesday has been chosen as the crawling day. Whenever the Frequency is other than Never, a third dropdown appears where you can specify the interval. Also, whenever Frequency is set to Hourly, then manual crawls are disabled.
- Click Set to save crawl frequency settings. On clicking Set, you are taken to the Rules tab.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Or, send us your review at email@example.com