Use Marketo As a Content Source
This article walks you through the steps to index names, emails, telephone numbers, or other customer information in Marketo.
SearchUnify ignores user permissions during searches. All indexed files can be search by all users.
Establish a Connection
- Navigate to Content Sources.
- Click Add New Content Source.
- Find Marketo from the search box and click Add.
- Give your content source a Name.
- Enter your Client URL, Client ID, and Client Secret.
- Click Connect.
Set Up Crawl Frequency
The first crawl is always manual and is performed after configuring the content source. For now, keep the frequency to its default value Never and click Set and move to the next section.
Select Fields for Indexing
- In the Rules tab, click .
Add, edit, or remove content fields in the window that has popped up and click Save.
- Click Save.
After the First Crawl
Return to the Content Sources screen and click in Actions. The number of indexed documents is updated after the crawl is complete. You can view crawl progress in in Actions. Documentation on crawl progress is in View Crawl Logs.
Review the settings in Rules if there is no progress in Crawl Logs.
For Mamba '22 and newer instances, search isn't impacted during a crawl. However, in older instances, some documents remain inaccessible while a crawl is going on.
Once the first crawl is complete, click in Actions open the content source for editing, and set a crawl frequency.
- In Choose a Date, click to fire up a calendar and select a date. Only the data after the selected date is indexed.
- Use the Frequency dropdown to select how often SearchUnify should index the data. For illustration, the frequency has been set to Weekly and Tuesday has been chosen as the crawling day. Whenever the Frequency is other than Never, a third dropdown appears where you can specify the interval. Also, whenever Frequency is set to Hourly, then manual crawls are disabled.
- Click Set to save crawl frequency settings. On clicking Set, you are taken to the Rules tab.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Or, send us your review at email@example.com