Install a Search Client in Salesforce (Internal Users)
Find information faster right inside Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and others) with SearchUnify. This article first explains how the search client for Internal users handles permissions and then takes you through the steps of installing and setting up a SearchUnify client in Salesforce.
- Connection between the search client and at least one Salesforce content source
Install the Search Client
- Visit Salesforce AppExchange, look up "searchunify", and open the top listing, SearchUnify - Unified Cognitive Platform for Salesforce.
- Click Get It Now.
- If prompted, log in with your Salesforce admin credentials.
- It's usually a good practice to install an app on Sandbox, instead of Production.
- Install the app for All Users. A warning might come up. Overlook it and proceed with installation.
In the end an Installation Successful message will greet you.
Configure Your Client
The data flow between SearchUnify and your Salesforce org is managed through Remote Sites. Create remote two (three if you have turned on multitenancy) remote sites. The instructions are on Create Remote Sites in Salesforce. After creating the remote sites, add them all to CSP Trusted Sites.
- Click Salesforce App Launcher and then View All.
- Find SearchUnify Configuration and click it open.
Select the installation location for the search in Choose search platform. Then, turn on CDN Support if you use multitenancy.
- Turn on CDN Support if you use multitenancy. Turning on CDN Support improves speed but it also requires two extra settings:
During search client processing, you need a CDN endpoint which can be found in the readme file
For successful processing, you will have to create three remote sites instead of two. The website to be inserted in Remote Site URL can be found in the readme file
- Enter the details and click Process.
- Select your application for Configuration. The search client will be installed in the chosen application on Console, Community, or Visualforce. The field is absent when Internal is picked.
- Enter Service Endpoint. It is your SearchUnify instance URL.
- Enter CDN endpoint. The endpoint is in readme.
- Enter Provision Key. You can get it from your SearchUnify representative.
- Enter UID. It is your search client ID.
- Enter expiration time (authentication token for searches in minutes). Enter any integer. The suggested value is 120.
- Spot this message to confirm a successful configuration.
- From the app launch menu, go to SearchUnify Vf Internal.
- Click SearchUnifyInternal to launch the search client.
- Start searching.
Last updated: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Or, send us your review at email@example.com