Install a Search Client in Salesforce (Internal Users)
Find information faster in Salesforce with SearchUnify. This article takes you through the steps of installing and setting up a SearchUnify client in Salesforce.
- Connection between the search client and at least one Salesforce content source
Install the Search Client
- Visit Salesforce AppExchange, look up "searchunify", and open the top listing, SearchUnify - Cognitive Search & Insights for Salesforce.
- Click Get It Now.
- If prompted, log in with your Salesforce admin credentials.
- It's usually a good practice to install an app on Sandbox, instead of Production.
- Install the app for All Users. A warning might come up. Overlook it and proceed with installation.
In the end an Installation Successful message will greet you.
Configure Your Client
- Click Salesforce App Launcher and then View All.
- Find SearchUnify Configuration and click it open.
- Create a remote site using URL on the Search Configuration screen.
- Select Internal from Choose Search Platform. A configurations page will appear. Enter the details and click Process.
- Enter Service Endpoint. It is your SearchUnify instance URL.
- Enter Provision Key. You can get it from your SearchUnify representative.
- Enter UID. It is your search client ID.
- Enter jwt token expiration time(time should be in minutes). Enter any integer. The suggested value is 120.
- Spot this message to confirm a successful configuration.
- From the app launch menu, go to SearchUnify Vf Internal.
- Click SearchUnifyInternal to launch the search client.
- Start searching.
Last updated: Friday, November 27, 2020