Use Docebo As a Content Source
This article walks you through the process of indexing courses on Docebo.
SearchUnify supports courses-level content permissions of the user. A user can only look up the courses they have access to.
You should have view access to the courses to be crawled.
Establish a Connection
- Navigate to Content Sources.
- Click Add New Content Source.
- Find "Docebo" through the search box and click Add.
- Give your content source a Name.
- Enter the web address of your Docebo account in Client URL.
- Select an authentication method: Basic or OAuth. Enter Client ID and Client Secret upon selecting OAuth. The authentication method Basic requires two more fields: Username and Password. The username is the ID used to log into Docebo and password is the profile password used to log in. Once you have entered the details, click Connect.
Set Up Crawl Frequency
The first crawl is always manual and is performed after configuring the content source. For now, keep the frequency to its default value Never and click Set and move to the next section.
Select Types and Fields for Indexing
SearchUnify indexes Docebo through its
course object. Admins can change the object label and specify which object fields are indexed. The process is explained next. Related: How to Rename a Content Type? 1. In the Label column, find a content type, click the edit icon.
2. Enter a new label and Save.
3. The Rules tab will reflect the new label.
After the First Crawl
Return to the Content Sources screen and click in Actions. The number of indexed documents is updated after the crawl is complete. You can view crawl progress in in Actions. Documentation on crawl progress is in View Crawl Logs.
Review the settings in Rules if there is no progress in Crawl Logs.
For Mamba '22 and newer instances, search isn't impacted during a crawl. However, in older instances, some documents remain inaccessible while a crawl is going on.
Once the first crawl is complete, click in Actions open the content source for editing, and set a crawl frequency.
- In Choose a Date, click to fire up a calendar and select a date. Only the data after the selected date is indexed.
- Use the Frequency dropdown to select how often SearchUnify should index the data. For illustration, the frequency has been set to Weekly and Tuesday has been chosen as the crawling day. Whenever the Frequency is other than Never, a third dropdown appears where you can specify the interval. Also, whenever Frequency is set to Hourly, then manual crawls are disabled.
- Click Set to save crawl frequency settings. On clicking Set, you are taken to the Rules tab.
Data Deletion and SU Index
A method to update the index in real time is to enable event subscriptions, which supplement existing crawls and synchronize data between Docebo and SearchUnify in real time. Check out Creating a Webhook in Docebo LMS for Event Subscription.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Or, send us your review at firstname.lastname@example.org