View and Delete Indexed Data with Total Documents
Total Documents does two things:
- It tells you when a document was last indexed in a sortable Last Crawled (UTC) column.
- It offers a really quick way to delete a small number of documents from a search client's index. The deleted documents become unsearchable. Using Total Documents is different from bulk data removal.
Using Total Documents is different from bulk data removal, which has been covered in Delete a Content Source.
- Go to Content Sources and click on any number in the Total Documents column.
- Clicking any number listed in Total Documents takes you to Browse Content, where each document in your content source is listed. On the screen, you can use Search Box or Select Object to view fewer documents.
- Choose a search client from Select Search Client and use to delete documents. The deleted documents cannot be found from the chosen search clients.
Last updated: Friday, November 27, 2020