Configure Content Sources Linked to a Search Client
The Configure the Content Sources window enables you to configure what fields can be:
- Indexed and what fields are to be excluded from search results
- Used in the Title and summary section on a search results page
- Put in the filters section
Understanding Content Field Columns
The seven content field columns control three settings.
- Searchable. Allow users to find this field in search.
- Title. Use this field as the title of an item in search results.
- Summary. Use this field to summarize a document in search results. Check out Change Summary Preferences
- Filters. Use this field as a facet. Related: Change Filter Preferences
- Exclude. Remove a facet value from a content field. More information on Exclude Facet Values from Content Fields
- Metadata. Use the information in this field as metadata. Metadata allows SearchUnify to analyze documents and rank them accurately.
- Autocomplete. Turn on autocomplete for this field.
Configuring Content Sources
- Navigate to Search Clients from the menu bar.
- Click to start editing a search client.
- Open Content Sources.
- Select a content type for indexing.
- Check or uncheck the boxes against a field to change its behavior in search. Since Mamba '20, it has been possible to make a content field searchable as well as filterable.
Last updated: Friday, February 26, 2021
Was this article helpful? Send us your review at firstname.lastname@example.org