Install a Search Client in Salesforce Console
Find information right inside your console. This article takes you through the steps of installing and setting up a SearchUnify client in Salesforce Console. The installation consists of four (Classic) or five (Lightning) steps.
Become a Knowledge User
- From in Salesforce, go to Quick Find Box and look up "users."
- Click Edit and check the Knowledge User box.
Enable Lightning Knowledge
NOTE. You can skip this step if you want to continue using Salesforce Classic to create and store articles.
- Find Knowledge Settings from Quick Find Box.
- Check Yes, I understand the impact of enabling Salesforce Knowledge. and click Enable Lightning Knowledge.
Install a Client
- Unzip the search client and open
- From the package link (highlighted above) in
readme, install SUVfConsole for All Users.Is the App Taking too Long to Install?
You can close the tab. To open the SUVfConsole configure page, use App Launcher.
Configure the Client
- Open a new tab and log into Salesforce.
- Create a remote site and use the web address highlighted on your Installation Complete screen in the URL field.
- Return to the Installation Complete screen (first tab) and scroll down.
- Enter configuration details and click Done.
- Select your application for Configuration. Choose either Sales Console or Service Console. The search client will be installed in the chosen console.
- Enter Service Endpoint. It is your SearchUnify instance URL. Copy it from
- Enter Provision Key. You can get it from your SearchUnify representative.
- Enter UID. It is your search client ID. Copy it from
- Enter jwt token expiration time(time should be in minutes). Enter any integer. The suggested value is 120.
Create a Custom Component
For Salesforce Lightning Users
- Click Setup from to open Quick Find Box.
- Launch App Manager.
- Select (or create) an app where the search client will be installed.
- Click Utility Items.
- Click Add Utility Item to launch a search box. Find and click Visualforce.
- Enter a name in Label. Ensure that the Panel Width is 500 and the Panel Height is 550.
SU Vf Consolefrom the Visualforce Page Name dropdown and click Save.
For Salesforce Classic Users
- Switch to Salesforce Classic.
- From Setup, go to Quick Find Box, and search for "custom console components."
- Add these values to the following fields:
- Name: yourCustomComponent
- Button Name: YOURBUTTON
- Width: 500
- Height: 550
- Component as VF page: SU_Vf_Console
- Check Fixed Height
- Click Save.
- From Quick Find Box, go to Apps and Edit. (Create a new Console app if you do not already have one.)
- Ensure that Cases are included in Choose Navigation Tab Items.
- Drag yourCustomComponent (step E) to Selected Components in Choose Console Components and Save.
- Launch yourCustomComponent from the app launch menu.
- Click on SearchUnify Knowledge Base to launch the search window.
- Start searching.
Activate Results Scrolling
- Copy the
- Log into your SearchUnify instance.
- Go to Search Clients > Edit > Designer.
- Paste the
<div>in the CSS tab of Search Results Page and click Update.
Once the entire process is complete, you can open the app from App Launcher and start searching.
Find the App
To use the app, look up your component from App Launcher.
App in Use
Last updated: Friday, September 4, 2020